Followers

Thursday 12 May 2011

Easel Card

Hello bloggers :) - I have been asked to make a card for a third birthday and before seeing the Polka Doodles Blog competition decided to make this:

To be honest I am a very lazy/boring card maker as I always seem to follow the same type of card - rectangular or square - and avoid the fancy folds.  However, I have recently got a bit fed up with card making which I think was due to my mammouth card making session for a craft fair back in March. 

So I have set myself a challenge of trying to do different shaped/fancy folds on my cards to see if I can get my mojo back :)

For this card I printed papers from the All Around and Everywhere - Polka Doodles CD and then used my trusty Cricut (with Sure Cuts Alot) to cut the card and embellishments.  I used Create a Critter for the Bear and Doodle Type font.  I am pleased with the result and now have an idea for a boys easel card too - so maybe this change of card style is working :)

Thanks for looking in.  Vxx

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the bear. Thanks for joining su at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx
    PS I have candy on my blog at www.digiredoodah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh... so cute! Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles, thanks!!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely card.
    Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles easel card challenge and good luck.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOhh! I do like this!! I know what you mean with boring cards! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete