Followers

Friday 23 July 2010

Just Stamps!

It has been such a long time since I blogged and what is even more worrying it has been that long sice I actually got to craft too.  Bahh school holidays :(  However my gran asked me to make a card for her friends Gold Wedding Anniversary so I got my chance!

I really hate making anniversary cards - I never seem to get them right.  It took me 3 attempts and I finally came up with this:

The whole card has been created using stamps only!  No fancy backing paper at all - just a little bit of gold glitter card backing the sentiment!  And this fits in nicely with the Polka Doodles challenge (but sorry don't have any PD stamps :(  YET!!)

I cut a square appeture into a piece of white copy paper and placed it over the base card.  I then used a stamp from Banana Frog Totally Tropical range and stamped randomly through the appeture, to create the frame for the number 50.  I then cut out the number 50 using the doodletype font cricut cartridge and used the appeture and placed it over the card.  (Hope this is making sense!)  I then used a sponge to ink through the '50' onto the paper and again, using the same stamp for the frame, stamped through the appeture with a darker ink.  (I now realise that I should have taken photo's of this process much easier than explaining!) 
The Sentiment was printed out and then using the same set of Banana Frog Stamps, decorated around the sentiment.

The flowers surrounding the frame were stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder, cut out and placed around the frame.

I cannot tell you how pleased I was when I finished this card.  It is more my style than my previous attempt (for a giggle here it is!):



Yes terrible I know :( - Anyway I better go as my little un is looking for some attention as my other 2 are playing on their DS'  take care and I hope to be back soon.  Vxx

6 comments:

  1. Argh Know what you mean about not crafting during the hols!!! Its a nightmare finding time!!!
    I love the card it looks stunning, Hope you have a great weekend, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week with your lovely project in our stamp away challenge! Great Golden Wedding card - love it - I didn't giggle at your first attempt but your other card is more sophisticated! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are fab cards so don't be too hard on yourself! I've had to make a silver, ruby and blue saphire (65) anniversary cards in the last few months so know just how you feel! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and the one you didn't like is rather good too!
    Thanks for sharing them with us at Polka Doodles this week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant! And clever use of stamping! Thanks for sharing your stamped project with us at Polka Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete