Followers

Monday 17 May 2010

Long Time......


It feels like it has been ages since I last blogged - oh it is......  Well I have been busy .. honest!  On the 9th of May I am proud to say that I ran (aherm jogged - ok walked most of) 5k Race for Life.  Lots of fun it was too especially as I ordered some Gower Brownies for when we finished... yummy.  I managed to raise £115 for cancer research and hope to do the run again next year and improve on my time of 45 minutes (no land speed records were reached sorry!).  Sorry there are no pictures but I really did not want to traumatise you by showing me in my jogging gear - believe me when I say its not a pretty sight.

On the card making front here are my latest creations..

Actually I have to admit - I can't take responsibility for these masterpieces.  My children made these for children who spend a lot of their life in hospital.  Its a charity called Post Pals and they have a website postpals.co.uk so if you have some spare time and want to cheer someone up this is a really worth cause.  Having a daughter who spent some time in hospital after a heart operation I know how difficult it is for the children and their families, so please at least have a look at the website (rant over!)

Right on to my crafty efforts.. but how can I follow the kids creations.. arggh.  I have a few crafty friends that have been very kind to me recently.  To thank them I made some Crafter's Survival Packs. The pack contained tea (to get the creative juices flowing), coffee and chocolate (to keep up the momentum if you were on a roll) and wine (if everything goes wrong and needed to drown your sorrows).  I included a couple of crafty things too.  They seemed to be appreciated!


I have decided that I am going to try my hand at a craft fair.  Spoke to my friend Debbie about it (her stuff is so much better than mine at least people might look at my stuff when they are buying hers!) we just need to get a good stock level.  I have decided to try my hand at some toppers..


I used a swirl from the Cricut home decor cartridge, cut a triangle from some card and then embossed lines to make it look like a wafer.  Here it is on a pillow box with choccies..



Unfortunately this was as far as I got on the topper front.. think I need to make more if I am going to cover the cost of the table... lol

Right now on to some cards. 

This was made as a thank you for one of my craft friends mentioned above.  I have used banana frog stamps and a daisy punch topped with a self adhesive gem.  The following card was made using some digi stamps that I recently purchased.  I am enjoying working with promarkers at the moment but need lots more practice.


Well that's it for now.  Will post again soon!!  Vx

No comments:

Post a Comment