Followers

Friday 28 May 2010

Just for Mum

The polka doodles challenge last week was to make a card for mum, using the colours blue and peach/orange.  I was not going to enter this challenge as I thought its not my mum's birthday!  However, cards are not just for birthdays are they?! 

My mum has been great over the last 6 months - more so than usual.  My grandad was diagnosed with cancer late last year and since then my mum has been his rock.  She has been there with him every step of the way, no matter how hard it has been, and this has allowed him to remain at home and die peacefully in his bed, just they way he wanted it (early on Thursday morning).  I cannot even begin to imagine how hard this has been for her, but to let her know how wonderful she is I have made this card:



The papers, flowers and butterflies have come from candy doodles.  I have used the Martha Stewart punch to decorate the co-ordinating paper and have cut the word 'mum' using a cricut - doodletype font.  The paper flowers have been stamped with a swirl from Banana Frog - super dreamy and inked round the edges.



I have also cut an extra butterfly and used foam pads to add dimension.



I have added the sentiment 'Thinking of You' - Stamping Up

I don't tell my mum often enough how great I think she is - it is very easy to forget how much she does for the family without a thought for herself.  I am very proud of the way she has coped and hope this card can go some way to letting her know this.

Take Care Vxx

No comments:

Post a Comment