Followers

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Its purrrfect!

Well maybe not purfect - but its not bad...  The polka doodles challenge this week is to make a project with an animal theme.  I have chosen a cat as I have a thank you card to make for a cat lover and who better than this purdie little kitty:

I made the checked backing paper with promarkers!!  I picked out the colours from the cat, got a ruler and off I went.  I know the Back To Nature CD has lots of lovely papers to match but I thought I would give myself a bit of a challenge and was determined to use the promarkers for something useful (still not got the hang of colouring images with them yet!)  The fish bone paper and the cat are from.... yes my favourite BTN.

As you can see it is an easel card (my first) and have printed the words purrfect onto orange card to prop it up.  I have also rolled some wool into a ball and stuck it to the front of the card.  Something for kitty to play with when she is in the post. 

Not entered the PD blog comp for a while and have really missed it.  I always enjoy using PD papers and I am waiting patiently for a view of the new CD...

Vx

6 comments:

  1. Great card. I do love this CD. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! I love how you've created your own backing paper. The wool adds another cute touch!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, thanks for joining us at polkadoodles this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in the animal challenge - great fun card - I love those cats! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card. Your homemade backing paper is fabulous. A girl after my own heart!
    Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles animal magic challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete